Canoe Trip Equipment List
- Sleeping Bag (in waterproof bag)
- Backpack (We have a couple bags, first come first serve)
- 4 litres of drinking water (2 – 2 liter jugs)
- Bug spray (very small bottle)
- Sunscreen (very small bottle)
- Towel & washcloth
- Toothbrush/toothpaste (travel size)/ soap(hotel bar)
- Spoon/ Fork/Knife/plate/cup
- Toilet paper (1/2 roll put this in a Ziploc bag)
- Change of clothes (double wrapped in garbage bag to keep dry)
- Decent pair of running shoes. No flip flops, Sanuks, rubber boots…
- All weather jacket
- Fishing rod & hooks (just a few spoons or jigs. Do not bring your whole tackle box) You should be able to attach this to your pack. There is no need for a big case.
- Snacks, jerky/granola bars… (optional) This must be packed in Ziploc bags to eliminate scent and cannot be kept in your tents.
- 1-2 Large Ziplock Bags
- Fileting knife
Group Items (This needs to be organized with the group you are sleeping with):
- Tent (should be able to tie this to your pack, so don’t bring a 8 man tent that weighs 80 pounds) Make sure you set your tent up at home to ensure all parts are there and not broken.
- Playing cards (optional)
- 50 feet of rope (doesn’t have to be one continuous piece)
- Tarp ~10’x20’ (this should be rolled up and attached to your pack along with your tent and sleeping bag).
Remember you need to have room to pack food as well. You will also need to pack a bagged lunch for the first day.