Welcome to École Debden Public School
Hello Parents, Guardians and Students,
Welcome to our school, we are happy to have you here with us. This page will help you become familiar with the information that will make your transition to our school as smooth as possible. If you have any questions whatsoever, please don’t hesitate to contact us at the school.
Steps to Registering New Students
- Fill out the online registration form.
- Fill out the bus transportation form (more information below).
- Wait to hear back from school administration for a start date (2-3 school days after filling out the form).
- Make sure you have the school supplies (more info below)
- Review all the information on this page.
- Start School 🙂
2021-2022 Staff List
Principal – Mrs. Corrine Schwehr
Vice-Principal – Mr. Armand Tetreault
Mrs. Corine Amundson
Mlle Carley Winhold (Kindergarten / Gr 1-6)
Mme Brenda Eversen (1/2 IMM)
Mrs. Kendall Person (1-3 ENG)
Mrs. Jaclyn Aarrestad (3/4 IMM)
Mrs. Angie Thiessen (4-6 ENG)
Mme Gisèle Poirier (5/6 IMM)
Mme Diana Couture (7-12)
Mr. Ean Prosser (9-12)
Mr. Don Jean (7-12
Ms. Tawnie Kotyk (9-12)
School Social Worker
Mrs. Laurel Hufnagel
Mrs. Serena Collins
Mrs. Connie Bailey
Mrs. Lise-Anne Bilodeau
French Language Assistant
Mme Jillian Poirier
Mrs. Tracy Pease
Mrs. Charma Belair
Mr. Archie Afan
Calendar, Timetables and Bells
The school doors open at 8:35 am and close at 3:45pm. Please keep these times in mind when dropping off and picking up students.
Click here to access the 2021-2022 School Year Calendar
Click here for the bell times
2021-2022 Semester 1 High School Schedule (Click Here)
Text “YES” to the number “978338”
The school uses School Messenger to communicate with families. Some of these messages come as emails whereas others arrive as text messages (SMS). In order to receive the text messages, you need to opt-in by texting the message “YES” to the number “978338“. In emergent situations such as a lockdown or bus cancellation, it is important that we are able to keep families up to date. If you do not opt-in to receive messages, you may not be aware of situations as they arise.
Edsby is our school’s communication tool, grade book, attendance database. We encourage all parents, guardians and students to get signup to use Edsby. Once signed up, you may download a free app that simplifies the use of Edsby’s services. The code for the app is “SRSD119”.
To explore the many features offered by Edsby, please click here.
The school has a Facebook page where we post updates and photos of student activities and student learning. We often use the school Facebook page as an additional way to communicate with our school community. Please consider following our school Facebook page. Click here to access the page.
You will find the school supply lists here. You have two options available for purchasing school supplies.
- You may order directly from schoolstart.ca by following the instructions on the specific grades. The supplies are usually shipped directly to the school within a few days of ordering.
- You may take the list and purchase the supplies from a store of your choosing.
We currently have five school buses that pick up out-of-town students. Students must live within the Debden School catchment area in order to ride a bus. Unfortunately, the buses are not permitted to pick up students that are currently living on reserve. Please click here to access the SRPSD transportation request page.
The student handbook covers all expectations that the school has for the students. Here are a few points of interest that are listed in our handbook:
- Respect – Students are expected to show respect for themself, others, authority and property.
- Lunch Break – Students from grades 9-12 have the privilege of going up town at lunch. Students from grades 7-8 will need a parent note if they are permitted to go up town at lunch. Students are expected to behave respectfully and appropriately if they are leaving at noon. We do not deal lightly with studnets who get into trouble in the community over the lunch break. If this is the case, students will not be permitted to leave and we expect parents support on this matter.
- Cell Phones – Occasionally teachers may allow students to use their phones during class to support student learning. However, if a cell phone is being used without permission, it will be removed from the students possession. 1st violation – cell phone is confiscated until the end of the school day, 2nd violation – cell phone is confiscated until parents can come to the school to claim the item, 3rd violation – principal, parents and student will meet to discuss the ongoing problem.
- Headwear – Our school and community firmly belive that a school is a formal institution and it should be treated as such. Therefore, we do not allow students to wear hats, toques, hoods in the school. On Fridays, students may choose to pay 1$ to wear a hat or toque, this money is donated to charity or to a local non-profit organization.
- Tardiness – Be on time – Our school will not tolerate students who are unable to get to class on time. Students are not to be loitering in the hallways after the bell has rung. Parents will be notified and expected to support the school on this matter.
- Vaping / Smoking – As per the Saskatchewan Tobacco and Vapour Product Control Act, it is strickly prohibited to smoke or vape on school grounds. Individuals doing so may face criminal charges of fines from $150-$500. If caught, the contraband will be taken away and parents will be contacted.
If you are looking for some cool school swag, please visit our online store to make an order. We carry brands such as Under Armour, Puma, Champion, Stormtech, and much more. Click here to access the Debden Entripy Shop. Please keep in mind that you must have a physical address for shipping your order. If you live out of town, you may use the school’s address for you Entripy Shop purchases.
Our school social worker, Mrs. Laurel Hufnagel is here on Thursdays of every week. If you would like to have your child meet with our counselor, please reach out to the school and we will ensure that they have the opportunity to do so.
Questions and/or Concerns
If you have any questions and/or concerns, please feel free to call the school or email either Mr. Tetreault or Mrs. Schwehr. If your concern is class-related, please reach out to the classroom or homeroom teacher.
Yours in education,
Mr. Armand Tetreault & Mrs. Corrine Schwehr
Phone number: 306-724-2181
Mr. Tetreault – email@example.com
Mrs. Schwehr – firstname.lastname@example.org